Win funding to help advance your innovative business idea.
About Velocity $5K
The Velocity $5K pitch competition offers the opportunity for University of Waterloo student-led teams with innovative solutions and high potential business ideas to showcase their hard work and compete for grant funding. Participants receive valuable feedback, pitching experience, and idea validation from a network of experienced entrepreneurs and Velocity Coaches.Meet past winners
Do you have an innovative idea in need of early stage funding? Submit an online application and start your journey to the $5K Finals. All applicants will receive feedback whether you advance in the competition or not.
Applications for the fall 2022 pitch are now open. Deadline is October 12.
The top applicants will be invited to pitch at the Velocity $5K Semi-Finals to a panel of experienced entrepreneurs. Each competitor will have just 3 minutes to present their idea and convince the judges it has the potential and viability to succeed.Apply
This is where the magic happens. Only the best of the best from the Semi-Finals are invited to pitch at the Velocity $5K Finals. Ten teams will take the stage, but only four will take home a cheque.
What does this look like? Check out our YouTube Channel to watch pitches from previous competitions and get inspired to pitch an innovation of your own!
- One member of your team is currently a University of Waterloo undergraduate student, graduate student or postdoc.
- You have an idea or concept that has the potential to be turned into a scalable startup (i.e. it has big market and high growth potential).
- You and your idea/team haven’t received $50K or more in funding (e.g. from grants, Velocity Fund Pitch Competition).
- You want to meet cool people and have lots of fun!
- Applications open: Sept 18
- Deadline to apply: Oct 12