Velocity Pitch Competition
Win funding to help advance your innovative business idea.
About Velocity Pitch Competition
The Velocity pitch competition offers the opportunity for University of Waterloo student-led teams with innovative solutions and high potential business ideas to showcase their hard work and compete for grant funding. Participants receive valuable feedback, pitching experience, and idea validation from a network of experienced entrepreneurs and Velocity Coaches.Meet past winners
Do you have an innovative idea in need of early stage funding? Submit an online application and start your journey to the finals of Velocity Pitch Competition. All applicants will receive feedback whether you advance in the competition or not.
Sign up | Newsletter
Applications for Winter 2024 are closed.
The top applicants will be invited to pitch at the semi-finals to a panel of experienced entrepreneurs. Each competitor will have just 3 minutes to present their idea and convince the judges it has the potential and viability to succeed.
This is where the magic happens. Only the best of the best from the semi-finals are invited to pitch at the finals of the pitch competition. Eight teams will take the stage, but only four will take home a cheque.
What does this look like? Check out our YouTube Channel to watch pitches from previous competitions and get inspired to pitch an innovation of your own!
- One member of your team is currently a University of Waterloo undergraduate student, graduate student or postdoc.
- You have an idea or concept that has the potential to be turned into a scalable startup (i.e. it has big market and high growth potential).
- Your team hasn’t received $55K or more in funds or revenue*
- Previous winners of the competition are ineligible to re-enter.
- Teams participating in Velocity Venture Ready program are not eligible.
- You want to meet cool people and have lots of fun!
- Applications for Fall 2023 will open in September.
*If you have raised $55K on your own, we still want to talk to you! Please book a meeting with our team.