Hundreds of students joined us at BMH Green (between SLC & MC) on Monday, May 2nd for our Welcome Back Spring 2022 event! We look forward to meeting even more of the University of Waterloo community from 11 am – 2 pm on May 4th (due to 100% chance of rain May 3, we have moved to the following day).
We enjoyed talking everything Velocity campus, and sharing our upcoming opportunities and event schedule. Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business was also on-site to connect with ambitious students.
Cupcakes were had, games were played, connections were made and lots of swag was given away.
Students also shared some of the problem spaces they are passionate about exploring or coming up with solutions for:
• Knowledge discovery • Long term care • Hair care (Kaurtino.com) • Making the world more accessible • Environment sustainability • Renewable energy • Electrifying everything • Newcomers in Canada
If you have a problem you’re interested in, a big idea, or you are just starting your entrepreneurship journey – Velocity’s innovation hub on campus is ready to help you.
- Intro Sessions Build skills & gain knowledge.
- Working Sessions Small hands-on meetups.
- Coaching Get advice from experienced entrepreneurs.
- Co-op Problem Award Grant for employer problem analysis.
- Zero Work Learn how to get a job from scratch and start building your ideal career after graduation with this weekend event.
- The Zero Experience Start innovating from scratch, build problem-solving tools, tackle the world’s biggest problems, and learn how to make your impact. Applications close May 23.
- Concept $5K Grant Pitch competition that awards students with creative startup ideas. Applications open May 15.
- Cornerstone Test ideas & build a business plan. Applications close May 15.
- Translation Resources & support to all graduate students interested in bringing their research to market.
- Student Creative Spaces Opening soon. More info.
Enjoy this snapshot of Back to Campus Welcome Week with Concept by Velocity, and check out our Spring Term calendar of events.