Resources and guidance for students and faculty working on science-related projects.
The Velocity Science program is designed for student-teams and faculty-led teams who have a product idea with an element of biology, chemistry, or physics. We can help you validate the opportunities envisioned for your technology, from a business and technical perspective.
Offered in conjunction with the Faculty of Science, the Velocity Science program is available to University of Waterloo undergraduate students, graduate students, post-docs, or faculty founded teams.Apply to work in Velocity Science
You’re in good company. Many successful science-based startups started out at the University of Waterloo.
What you can expect:
- Business and technical goal-setting exercises with mentors
- Mentorship from advisors with science startup experience
- Velocity founder round tables provide the opportunity to ask questions and learn from Velocity Science alumnus teams
- Beginning & end-of-term touchpoints to understand your progress and identify where we can help
- Support in applying to an incubator or accelerator program
- When the time is right, connections to industry and technical advisors that will help you solve critical steps in turning your project into a startup
- The Faculty of Science may be able to provide lab space to work on your project
We accept applications on a rolling basis with the option for renewal each term based on performance (space is limited!).
Have a question? Please contact Krysta Traianovski