Josh Bloom, Director of Sales at Facebook Canada, visited VeloCity to educate our students on the
As we ease out of summer and the weather gets chilly, the great indoors is calling you. Instead of binging Netflix or staring at influencers on Instagram, kick it old school and hit the books. What’s better than that feeling of diving into a great book you can’t put down? It’s such a great experience, but sometimes it’s so hard to find the book that will actually suck you in. They say don’t judge a book by its cover, but when choosing a book sometimes that all you really have to go off!
Luckily for you, we asked our Concept Coaches what books they simply could not stop reading. Instead of combing through online reviews or actually judging a book by its cover, check out what our Coaches recommend and start to build your Fall reading list!
Business Related Books
Check out these books to learn about the startup world, or to get tips and tricks for being an entrepreneur.
- Running Lean, by Ash Maurya
- The Mythical Man- Month, by Fred Brooks
- Startup Owner’s Manual, by Bob Dorf & Steve Blank
- Bad Blood – Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup, by John Carreyrou
- Predictably Irrational, by Dan Ariely
- Crossing the Chasm, by Geoffrey Moore
- Traction, by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
- Trillion Dollar Coach, by Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg, Alan Eagle
Non-Business Related Books
Everyone needs a break sometimes, unwind with these books that aren’t about business!
- QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter, by Richard Feynman
- It’s Not You, It’s the Dishes, by Jenny Anderson & Paula Szuchman
- Born a Crime, by Trevor Noah
- Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are?, by Frans de Waal
- Best Served Cold, by Joe Abercrombie
- Educated, by Tara Westover
- All Out, by Alex & Kevin Newman
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand
- How Will You Measure Your Life?, by Clayton M. Christensen, James Allworth, Karen Dillon
Want to get more advice from a Coach? Book a free 30-minute session with one of our Coaches.