Website Asima Health Inc
Job title: Research Scientist I – Molecular Biotechnology
Asima Health is an early-stage medical diagnostic startup that is leveraging the power of electronics to build a rapid multi-cancer screening platform. At Asima, we love to be at the forefront of innovation and shape future technologies. As part of our small dynamic team, you will have the opportunity to take a lead role in developing a novel assay for cell-free DNA detection and analysis that will redefine the future of cancer surveillance. The ideal candidate for this position shares our passion for new technology, thrives in interdisciplinary project settings and seeks a high impact role that can make a significant contribution to a highly socially relevant problem.
At Asima Health, we aim to reduce the human and financial burden of cancer surveillance through a simple blood test. Our product delivers value for cancer survivors, diagnostic labs, and health insurers by changing the standard-of-care to ruling out cancer first.
- Handle and process human blood and plasma samples in a BSL2 lab
- Extract and purify cell-free DNA
- Prepare and analytically characterize cfDNA samples
- Setup and conduct impedance spectroscopy experiments
- Develop, optimize, and perform assays under a wide range of experimental conditions
- Introduce appropriate assay controls and maximize assay performance
- Ensure quality and reliability of experimental data
- Input research data for analysis
- Maintain lab records and attend lab meetings
- General laboratory maintenance, cleaning, and sanitization of equipment
- Manage lab inventory and shipping/receiving
- Provide training and guidance to new recruits
- Conduct literature reviews and write key findings from peer reviewed journal papers
- Contribute to publications, patents, SOPs and regulatory documents
- Support team members for timely project delivery
- Technical molecular biology experience (pipetting, buffer prep, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable learning new instruments and softwares
- Good problem solving skills
- Eager to learn and develop new skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with Google Sheets and Excel
- Experience working in a BSL2 facility
- Familiarity with impedance spectroscopy technique
- Experience with writing scientific papers or documents
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g., JMP, GraphPad Prism)
Education: Minimum BSc in Molecular biotechnology or related field
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Annual salary $50,000
- Stock options
- Health and dental coverage
- On-site gym
- Casual dress code
- Free unlimited coffee/tea
- Candidates will be expected to provide their own transportation. Asima is located at downtown Kitchener that is easily accessible by the ION light rail and several major bus routes.
- Asima’s molecular biotechnology lab is located at 151 Charles St. W, Suite 199, Kitchener (Velocity Startup Incubator). The candidate will spend all their time at this facility.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a copy of your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.